3 results for tag: 1941
Lloyd Holladay held a grand reopening of the Cheney Motor Company 1941
Seventy-five years ago in May 1941, the old Walters building at 421 First Street was demolished to make room for the rebuilding and expansion of the Seattle First National Bank. Louis Walter first built a wood frame building on the site in 1881, opening his harness shop. He replaced that building with a 2-story brick structure in 1887.
Seventy-five years ago in January 1941, William E. Lee took over ownership of the Dallas Lyon tavern on First Street, renaming it Bill’s Tavern. Mr. Lee has been operating Lee's Food Shop in this city for several years.