1 result for tag: 404 1st St


404 1st Street

The Hubbard-Hansen buildings were erected in 1909 as a single front façade with two businesses. Our focus here is on the east half, 404 First Street. What was here before 1909? Well, nothing, until after 1905 when a small wooden structure on part of the lot held the office of the Cheney Transfer Company, a "draying" or hauling business. Here's a quick list of occupants: 1909-1910 Peter Monk's ladies and gents' furnishings and millinery 1911 - 1916 Jesse G. Campbell's Cheney Cash Store 1916 - 1929 E.N. Guertin's or Guertin's Cash Store. 1929 - 1948 W.J.H. Carr's Cash Store 1949 - 1968 Les Zimmerman's Ben Franklin 1968 - 1969 ...