4 results for tag: Cheney School District
One hundred twenty-five years ago on March 31, 1891, The Jamieson School District organized. This district was northeast of Cheney in the area of today's Sunset school.
On this date in 1930, the “new” Cheney High School at 540 4th Street opened for classes. Bricks from the 1893 public school building formerly on the site were reused in the construction of the school. The building served as the high school through 1966, then became Fisher Junior High through 1977, finally serving as the district administration building until this summer when it was sold to a local developer. [ Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:00:48 ]
One hundred years ago in 1913, the Reitmeier, Hayford, Hazelwood, and Normandie schools were consolidated into Sunset School. The school was one mile south of Sunset Boulevard, but was moved one mile north of the road in 1926. It was in 1918 that Sunset became a “highway” that linked Spokane to Cheney via the “Normal Highway,” later known as Hayford Road.
Cheney High School The Cheney School District Board will hold a meeting on August 7th at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room (first floor) of the Fisher Building. The board will consider the purchase offer for the Fisher building of developer, Steve Emtman. The public is invited to attend.