1 result for tag: Electricity
One hundred twenty-five years ago in 1891, a privately owned electric light plant was built at 701 First Street at a cost of nearly $15,000. Louis Walter was hired as agent for the company. Shortly after, the first street lights were installed. Two dynamos at the plant generate enough power to light 700 incandescent bulbs. The building still stands today, known as the Liefer Apartments.