2 results for tag: Parks


1892 Land Given for City Park

One hundred twenty-five years ago, in 1892, the Northern Pacific Railway Deeded Block 7 parcel of land in Cheney between C & D and 5th & 4th streets to City to be used as a park for the enjoyment of the citizens. Ten years  passed before the women of the Tilicum Club and men of the Commercial Club organized to raise funds and provide the labor to make the block useable as a park. It was called City Park, now renamed Veterans Park. For the first three decades, the members of the Tilicum Club planted flowers and shrubs each year and those plantings were watered by hand, usually by one of their children. Gradually, City employees took over ...

Looking Back – 50 Years Moos Field

Fifty years ago in October 1965, the Cheney Lions Club created Moos Park from the land which had been used as a sports field since 1920. Help us close the gap to continue sharing history. https://www.npez.net/52/Pages/fundraising/#/15