1 result for tag: 1937


1937 Martin Hall / Lab School

The new Laboratory School in Martin Hall was a cutting edge facility with the most modern equipment when it opened in 1937. The number of students enrolled in the elementary grades at the Training School continued to grow. By 1930, the Board of Trustees was looking for funds to replace the old 1908 school. However, the Great Depression meant there was no money available from the state legislature. But in 1935, the federal Public Works Administration approved the Trustees' proposal, and work began on a new school. Martin Hall was dedicated to Cheney native, Governor Clarence D. Martin on April 6 1937 during a two-day education conference held in ...